CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Change can be a good thing....

A LOT has been changing at my school! My teaching partner who taught the inclusion room (I taught the ELL room) has accepted a kindergarten position at a different school in our district. I am going to miss her terribly. She was a wonderful mentor and friend my first year teaching! Although she won't be across the hall anymore, I look forward to making many more memories with her. Now, since she is leaving I had a big choice to make....Do I stay put and continue teaching in my ELL classroom or do I switch and take on the all inclusion room with a wonderful special ed. partner that I went to college with and am good friends with? Needless to say after weighing all the pros and cons there were many more pros and I'm happy to say that I will now be co-teaching in the all inclusive classroom with a very good friend of mine! I could not be happier with my decision! ANOTHER change, I'm moving across the hall to my partners old room because my room was EXTREMELY HOT this past year and has all the playground distractions. I'm looking forward to being able to keep my blinds open without having a heat stroke :) LAST but DEFINITELY NOT LEAST.....wait for it.....my principal asked me today if I would like a SMARTboard in my room! ARE YOU KIDDING?? Is that even a question you ask a teacher!?! Of course I would LOVE a SMARTboard in my room!!!! So, NEW class, NEW classroom, and NEW smartboard!!!! Oh, and I hit up a 15% off sale at The Learning Shop today with a fellow teacher friend and got some great new stuff for my classroom! Overall, I'd say I had a pretty great day....and did I mention that tomorrow is my LAST day of teaching summer school?!?! I'm looking forward to being done with it so I can focus on getting organized for this coming school year! Happy Wednesday people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment